ABOUT GOT LIGHT:
Got Light designs and produces lighting, audio, and video for hundreds of events each year including some of the most notable openings, premiers, and galas in San Francisco & beyond!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Got Light is looking for skilled video techs to install, operate, and strike video equipment for special events, corporate events, general sessions, product launches, and more!
You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, deliver 5 star customer service, and manage video systems & crews from start to finish, including delegation of tasks, and ownership of a successful run of show.
VIDEO SKILLS YOU NEED:
- Video Switching - (Analog Way, Barco, Blackmagic)
- Projector and screen setup - (14k, large fast folds, 80” TVs)
- A solid grasp of digital video signal standards and signal flow
- Presentation playback software - (PlaybackPro, Keynote, Powerpoint)
- Presentation Show Operation including media management and organization
- Familiarity with live video streaming technology.
- Basic Computer Networking - (Windows and MacOS)
- LED Wall assembly and troubleshooting
- Advanced screen management experience - (Livecore, Livepremier, EventMaster, Spyder)
- Media Server Programming - (Resolume, Watchout, D3, Green Hippo)
- Media Creation and Manipulation - (After Effects, C4D, Resolve, Premier)
- Advanced projection experience (Blending, Stacking, non-standard screens)
- 4+ years of video experience in fast paced, upscale organization
- Previous Event/Production/Hospitality experience
- Basic knowledge of circuit loads
- Theatrical Projection Design
- Hotel/Corporate AV Experience
- Touring/Concert Video Experience
- Experience driving 16-24 ft. trucks
SCHEDULE & AVAILABILITY:
- On-call / event based work.
- 4 hour minimums per shift.
- 5 hour minimums per driving shift
- 1 hour minimum WFH hours
- 2 hour minimum Office/Shop Hours
- Nights/Late Hours/Weekends
QUALIFICATIONS | PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General knowledge of event production or technical theater (lighting, audio, video).
- Willing and available to work some nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, and manage chaos with ease
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continual standing and/or walking without limitations up to 10 hours daily.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists.