ABOUT GOT LIGHT:
Got Light designs and produces lighting, audio, and video for hundreds of events each year including some of the most notable openings, premiers, and galas in San Francisco & beyond!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Got Light is looking for skilled lighting techs to install, operate, and strike lighting equipment for special events, corporate events, general sessions, product launches, and more!
SKILLS YOU NEED:
- Basic knowledge of electricity, power distribution, and lighting equipment.
- Installation and operation of uplighting, theatrical fixtures, LED lights, dimming/control.
- Basic knowledge of installing lighting trees, ground based lights, bistro lights.
- Comfortable working on ladders.
- Basic knowledge of circuit loads.
- Lightboard Programming
- Hotel/Corporate AV
- Touring/Concert Video
- Experience driving 16-24 ft. trucks
- Staging, Draping, Rigging, or Power Distribution Experience.
SCHEDULE & AVAILABILITY:
- On-call / event based work.
- 4 hour minimums per shift.
- 5 hour minimums per driving shift
- 1 hour minimum WFH hours
- 2 hour minimum Office/Shop Hours
- Nights/Late Hours/Weekends
QUALIFICATIONS | PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General knowledge of event production or technical theater (lighting, audio, video).
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, and manage chaos with ease
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continual standing and/or walking without limitations up to 10 hours daily.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists.